Lesson 1: Getting started with Godot 4
Welcome to Quiver’s introductory Godot 4 tutorial! In this tutorial, we’re going take you from the basics to creating a finished game called Raptor Run. For this first lesson, you’ll get an overview of the tutorial, Godot, and game engines in general.
This course will require some programming experience, but no game development or Godot experience is required.
This course supports Godot 4 Beta 1 and higher. To get started, download the latest supported version of Godot for your operating system of choice from here: https://downloads.tuxfamily.org/godotengine/4.0/beta12/.
- Lesson 1: Getting started with Godot 4
- Lesson 2: Overview of the Godot interface
- Lesson 3: Setting up the level
- Lesson 4: Creating the player
- Lesson 5: Spawning the platforms
- Lesson 6: Creating a collectible
- Lesson 7: Creating an enemy
- Lesson 8: Handling player death
- Lesson 9: Creating the player projectile
- Lesson 10: Adding the final touches
- Lesson 11: Exporting your game and wrapping up