Lesson 9: Creating the player projectile
It’s time for the bad guys to meet a fiery end. We’re going to give our raptor an explosive fireball to shoot.
In Godot 4 Beta 16 or higher, the AnimatedSprite2D’s Playing checkbox has been removed from the Inspector. It has been replaced by the Autoplay button, which can be found in SpriteFrames panel next to the trashcan icon.
After you add the player’s projectile, you might notice an error in the console: Move functions do not work together with ‘sync to physics’ option. To fix this, open the Projectile scene, select the Projectile node, and uncheck the
Sync to Physics option in the Inspector.
- Lesson 1: Getting started with Godot 4
- Lesson 2: Overview of the Godot interface
- Lesson 3: Setting up the level
- Lesson 4: Creating the player
- Lesson 5: Spawning the platforms
- Lesson 6: Creating a collectible
- Lesson 7: Creating an enemy
- Lesson 8: Handling player death
- Lesson 9: Creating the player projectile
- Lesson 10: Adding the final touches
- Lesson 11: Exporting your game and wrapping up